These notes accompany the sermon that is found here.
- Acts 16:6-15: God directed Paul and his companions to where He was working in others, so they could reap a harvest of souls for His Glory. Here we learn some of the keys for being a part of such great things!
- Series: The Upward Call of God is to be like Jesus Christ. This sermon series is focused on the mindset and practices that produce progress in response to this call. It encourages us to strain forward to lies ahead, and to help others to do the same.
Be open to the leading of the Spirit of God.
Acts 2:17 from Joel 2:28. See also Numbers 12:6; Hosea 12:10; Zechariah 4:6; Genesis 40:8, 41:16; Dan. 2:28, 47; Revelation 1:10-11.
Be open to the opportunity to witness.
Romans 3:11; Ps. 14:1-3, 53:1-3; John 6:44, 16:8, 16:13; 1 Peter 3:15.
Be open to the Word of God.
Isaiah 55:11; John 12:32; 2 Timothy 3:15-17; Romans 10:13-15.
Be open to serving God’s people.
- Love: John 13:34-35, 14:15.
- Hospitality: Romans 12:13; 1 Timothy 3:2, 5:10; Titus 1:8.
- Mission: Matthew 28:18-20; Ephesians 4:4-16; 1 Corinthians 12:12-30.
- Join in the upward call of Christ by beginning today: Be open to the Word of God that says life is found only in Jesus Christ.
- Be open to sharing your faith with others knowing that God is already at work in the hearts of many.
- Develop new habits that will help you to be open to the guidance of the Holy Spirit: Prayer, fellowship, reading and studying the Word of God, serving in your local church.
- Be open to serve in the way God has gifted you. You are called into a local body of believers to serve in your unique way and contribute to the upward call of believers in Jesus Christ.
Some suggested Hymns for today:
Celtic Worship, “I Stand Amazed”
Norton Hall Band, “Come Thou Found of Every Blessing”