These notes accompany the sermon found at https://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?m=t&s=9620134875052
- Social, Genesis 4:17.
- Agricultural, Gen. 4:20.
- Artistic, Gen. 4:21.
- Industrial, Gen. 4:22.
- Insecurity, Gen. 4:13, 17.
- Sensuality, Gen 4:19-22.
- Brutality, Gen. 4:23-24.
- Self-sufficiency, Gen. 4:23-24.
- Pride, Gen. 4:23-24.
- Worship, Gen. 4:26.
- Humility, Gen. 4:26.
- Responsibility, Gen. 4:25.
- Devotion, Gen. 5:18-24.
Keys for Understanding Scripture (and your world)
- Typologies in scripture: Not allegories, simple, representative, true historic narrative with representative and prophetic value.
- The fallen nature of man: His fear, insecurity, sinfulness, restlessness, corrupting affect on the world.
- The faithful remnant: A faithful minority always endures fulfilling God’s purposes.
- The line of Christ: The promise endures, tracing the physical line all the way to Jesus Christ.
- Stay faithful until the end.
- Do not be carried away by the cares of the world.
- Understand the nature of our gospel audience.
See Also: Matthew 19:4-6, 24:36-39; Hebrews 11; Romans 8:29; 1 Corinthians 1:2; 2 Corinthians 3:18.